Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Splendoured.






images courtesy of Triple J


For all of you who have no idea what I'm talking about when I keep rambling about Splendour in the Grass, I thought I'd put up a few photos so everyone can understand my severe withdrawals post-splendour!

Those faces in the trees were amazing - on the long walk out to the amphitheatre, you approached these trees and the faces were projected on to them. That was pretty cool, but it gets a lot cooler - they moved! Very creepy and funny at the same time, the faces would laugh at you, smile, wink, look around and generally freak out passers by. And yes, there was a boat in the middle of a dam with dj decks. It was called Ibeefa, and there was a makeshift beach set up on the banks of the water and djs played there all day and night. Sweet.

Even these photos don't do it justice really, but I gave it a shot!

2 comments:

  1. This looks AMAZING. Love the photos. Visit me soon on my blog...! I am now a follower as well :)

    Jenna
    http://sevenstylenotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing...as does your blog! I really love your style! For some reason my computer is not letting me follow anyones blogs at the moment - but I will follow yours as soon as its fixed!

    Come visit me at
    www.a--style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete