Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Take me away...

As the days go on I've been finding myself dreaming of faraway places more and more. Lately, two places are never far from my mind: Melbourne (massive nostalgia happening here) and New York. I've never been to New York but I'm desperate to experience it. Ideally I'd like to move there for a 6 month stint and work professionally in a design studio, rather than the holiday experience that I would want if I were to travel elsewhere in the USA (aside from San Francisco which has the same strong appeal as NY) or the UK, Europe etc.

This is an image I came across while looking for Melbourne pictures and I had to put it in - I worked on this project (the West Gate Freeway Upgrade) back in 2008 when I worked at DCM... and lived in Melbourne! 
The Yarra - Southbank precinct

Ahh Collins Street. I lived just off Collins street....





Central Park - so unbelievably large!

Times Square




Meanwhile I'm working full time trying to save money to get me over there! In between I'm sure I'll sneak in a few Melbourne visits before I get to NY too...

No comments:

Post a Comment