Thursday, June 30, 2011

Closer to heaven...


In keeping with my current ballet obsession I thought I'd show you these little beauties. The Style Net posted about these Louboutin 8" heels, which were created exclusively for an auction to raise funds for the English National Ballet. Created in gold silk and embellished with Swarovski crystals, they also bear the signature red sole.

'The heel which makes dancers closer than any other women to the sky, closer to heaven.' Christian Louboutin.

Having recently tried on my pointe shoes - then promptly taking them off again after feeling how weak my ankles are - I can almost imagine these would be like pointe shoes with training wheels! I doubt that sky high stiletto would add any actual support... I'd be interested to see if anyone could actually wear them but I love the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment