Friday, February 4, 2011

Lost in translation

Well hello there my prettys...


I know, its been a loooooooooong time - life has been crazy and weird and fun and not so fun lately and this took the backburner.


Where to start - Spent  New Years in Sydney at Field Day which was heaps of fun, very hot day but great acts and fun people made it worthwhile.


I've been busily freelancing lately, currently working on a website for my hairdressers, Speckled Boa which is coming along nicely - its so fun. Very pretty/girly/kitsch. When it goes live I'll post the link. I've also been doing wedding invitations for a friend which has been an interesting experience to say the least!


In the meantime, I sorta became redundant from my part-time work which is a little awkward. Weird office situation/dynamic plus lack of work resulted in my boss suggesting it wouldn't hurt to look elsewhere, so I've been spending most of my time recently scouring the net for jobs in Adelaide or Melbourne which is so tiring, boring and tedious!


On the up-side, I found a job that suits me perfectly at a prominent architectural firm, Ashton Raggatt Macdougall as a graphics assistant. I was so excited when I applied I could barely type the cover letter coherently. For those who don't know, I have studied a bachelor degree in architecture but have subsequently moved on to graphic design SO working for an architectural firm doing their graphic design is pretty much my dream job. Yeah.


ARM recently won a competition to redevelop a section of Perth's waterfront.

Anyone who has been to Melbourne and seen RMIT University will know the building ARM designed there.
It is this bright green, bulbous, organic form that really stands out and encourages discussion and questions.




I actually have relevant experience given I spent a year working in the exact same role for international firm Denton Corker Marshall in Melbourne during 2008, where I worked on some amazing projects also. So, fingers, toes, legs, arms - everything & anything crossed that I get an interview.


I'm going to leave it there for now, but expect some new design related posts soon. For now, enjoy another great track by The Holidays called 2 Days, their latest single from their debut album Post Paradise.


2 Days by The Holidays Band

No comments:

Post a Comment